28D balances

A quick learner from Stuart FL says:
I need at least 8 balance assemblies for windows 52" wide (total opening). The existing balances have 28D stamped on them. What is the equivalent 4 digit code?

Also your drawing showed a dimension of 1" where mine measures 15/16" inches. See photo. Any problem?

Tom
User submitted picture of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It's possible that your shoe once had a 1" depth, but was simply worn down from use. This happens all the time. Just in case, though, can you confirm the width of your metal channel? I want to make sure it's not smaller than standard.

As for the stamp, 28D often corresponds to 2840. Take a look at the weight rating for that code and see if the weight of your sash matches.
A quick learner from Stuart FL says:
The assembly in the background is new and exhibits the same long (5/8 on the flat back of the foot) low (1/4" back of channel to back of foot or foot height) foot as the old one in the foreground (compared to ones I see on your website). The foot length against the channel is 3/4".

I get 9/16" of a hair more when I measure the channel width outside. Inside the channel is a hair less than 1/2"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! In that case, yes. I believe that our 1" deep shoe will work for you. At the very least, you might have to shave a bit off of it for it to run smoothly, but I don't think that will even be necessary.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.