28G Window Balance

A home owner from Minnesota says:

Hello, I have a large vinyl window with a broken channel balance. Can you recommend which part to purchase to repair this? Most parts I've seen either do not have the hook at the top (it's usually a white plastic mounting screw) or don't carry the size I need. Some places refer to the part as 62FC Series, but again, that has the plastic ring and not the hook. Thanks for any help!

If you do have the correct size, but with the plastic mounting screw and not the hook, how much does that cost? Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-04-28 14.14.42.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-04-28 14.14.50.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28G B.S.I. balance stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Collage Window.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Most of our channel balances install with screws, but we can custom make this balance for you so it has that rivet at the top. This lets you use an S-clip like our 19-029 or 19-030. This balance would need to be custom anyway due to it has an extra-strong spring (the 28G stamp option). I will shortly send you a custom link to order a pair of the Series 770 28" balances with a 28G stamp option and a Rivet at the top of the metal channel. If you have any questions, or need a different quantity, just let us know. Keep in mind that there is a significant discount for orders of 10 or more. Many thanks. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)