3 inch Pivot Bar for tilt window

A home owner from Burke, VA says:

Hi,

I?m looking for a pivot bar (see photos). It's simlar to the 26-396 T-NOSE PIVOT BAR, 3-1/8", without the "Tnose" and is 1/8" shorter. I have three broken and will need to order 14-16. Better to replace them all now than one at a time. Please help.

Thank you.

Leo

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Leo. I've seen this before. I believe we identified it as an older Slocomb tilt bar. Our 26-129 is the newer style. I think it could still work for you, despite the different type of tip, but you would need to file off the "ring" around the end end of it to fit your tilt shoe cam. Could that work for you?

A home owner from Burke, VA says:
It?s possible it would work and a good excuse to get a Dremmel. Could the part I identified work if I file the nubs off?

Thank you. Leo
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can't guarantee if either part will work, since they're both slightly different in a bunch of different ways. However I don't think you'll find anything closer on the market. Whether you go with the 26-129 or 26-396, you'll definitely have to file the collar/nubs off.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.