3 pane sliding patio door lock

A home owner from West Virginia says:
Wondering if these are installed correctly or need replaced? Our door will not lock at this point. It feels locked but if you pull really hard it will open.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 93332BF0-3ACA-4919-93BF-4D4C9FAC1C37.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C4AA2E06-67FF-497B-9ABF-971EB60AC26B.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

From what I can see in your photos, it seems your parts a little worn. I believe our 82-056 Andersen lock and 82-048 Andersen latch could fix those issues. Also I notice it appears you may be missing the bracket. Look over our 82-057 bracket for the operating door and 82-058 bracket for the stationary door. These may be the parts you have been searching for. 

A quick learner from Monmouth County, NJ says:
Having some difficulty. I cannot get the lock to engage when the exterior handle is installed. The handle prevents the door from closing enough to engage the lock properly. I assume something is not installed correctly or that I am using the wrong handle. The screws in the photos are missing or half in because I was tinkering with it trying to get it to work. I see in the post above you mention brackets. Not sure if that is my issue or where they would even go on this door. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EB9CBD3F-8FBC-467B-AE50-E9256BB4DAA9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 08E0DB26-57B2-4EA0-889E-EE8AA3FBD2E1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2D1987FF-B003-40B7-902B-46377B2366C1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 84C46C88-5A9C-432D-B078-577B9EC17A63.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B8F84224-21E6-4204-AA7F-E634ABA76860.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

All of the hardware you have on your door seems correct, but I can't really speak as to whether they're installed correctly. I'm not sure I'm understanding your problem, though. In what way is the handle preventing the door from closing?

I can tell you that your current handles are newer versions of the old handles that used to be installed. Those two holes on the exterior frame you see are where the old handle used to go. That said, the new handle should work just as well. Andersen designed it specifically to replace the old version.

A quick learner from Monmouth County, NJ says:
The exterior handle does not seem to be long enough. In the photo you can see it hits the handle when closed but the door is not actually fully closed so the lock cannot engage. There is a photo that may be hard to see of the lock and latch when the door is closed with the handle on and how the latch just falls short of reaching.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C2597597-D0F0-420B-9125-0B5A13D3C682.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5137EE9D-D2FE-41EE-98BA-71BEF9523B6C.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I once brought this up with an Anderson repairman. At the time he told me it could be used as a replacement, but never told me how. Would it be possible to drill new holes to set the handle just below or above the existing holes? That way you can make the set back that you need.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.