30" Balances

A quick learner from USA says:
I need two new ones at 30 inches long and the window weighs 54 pounds.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

We can help supply this balance but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. This will be the S795-30 but with the bottom shoe removed and replaced with the 15-224 inverted link. Regarding your sash weight, may we see the stamp on the metal channel?

Thank you! 

The stamp says 30D BS1
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for confirming. A 30D spring strength option will only support a sash weighing 24-29 pounds, but as you said, your sash weighs 54 pounds. We should still be able to help but we will have to use a different stamp that will be able to support this kind of sash weight. In order to get this moving for you, can you tell me if this balance is for the upper or lower sash? 

This sash is for the lower window nand there is 2 balancers on each side
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Thank you very much for your patience while we looked into this! I consulted with some of our senior experts and have some good news; this balance does not have to be a custom order. You can actually purchase the S795-30 with a 30D spring strength option, along with the 15-224 inverted link that you can swap out with the T-lock shoes that come with the balance. As I said before, the 30D option will only carry a sash weighing 24-29 pounds, however, having two balances on both sides of the window doubles the support and makes up for it. 

I apologize for any confusion! Let me know if this makes sense, or if you had any questions. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.