30" series 380 channel balance 7/8" shoe

A quick learner from Sarasota fl says:
Your 380 series 30" channel balance (stamped 2950) looks exactly like the part I need except when I measure my shoe it's only 7/8".
The 15-005 shoe you list on the 380 series is 1".
Do you have a 7/8" shoe version? Will a 1" shoe fit in my window?
I see the 385 series is slightly larger so I wonder if it's important to be exact.

Thanks
Ryan Mach

By the way great website. Except for this 1/8" it had everything I need to repair my windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Ryan! It sounds like you have the 15-029 shoe. This is basically the same as the 15-005 but only has a 7/8" depth, just like yours.

We can set you up with a balance that uses this shoe, but it would have to be a custom order since it's not a stock part. Would that be okay? If you're interested, just let me know how many you need and I can email you an order link and price quote today for that quantity.

Another solution would be to use the S380-30 balance and simply shave that 1/8" off with sandpaper, or whatever method you prefer. I've done this myself in a pinch, but understand that balances altered in this way cannot be returned for a refund.

It's up to you! Let me know how you want to proceed.

A quick learner from Sarasota fl says:
Yes I would like to order 4 of the balance that uses the 15-029 shoe. They are 30" long and stamped 2950. The other end of the balance would be just like the S380.

I also need 6 of the 18-161 5/8" sash guide.

How should I place this order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! What I'm going to do now is email you an order link that will allow you to add the custom balance to your cart as if it were any standard product. You can then continue shopping for any other part you're interested in as normal and checkout with everything at once.

Keep an eye on your inbox for that email and let me know if you had any questions!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.