30 year old Andersen sliding patio door.

A handy person from Northeast Pennsylvania says:
Hello, I hope you are doing well today!
I would like to install a keyed lock on the outside of my Andersen slider so I can enter my home through it. I watched your YouTube video about installing a keyed lock but that installation had the latch in the handle, while mine is separate (above the handle).
Do you have a product that would work in my situation? As you can see in the photos, there is a cylinder mounted in the door and my existing latch has a bar that inserts into the cylinder to engage the latch. I obviously need something that will work from both sides.
Also, do you know what I'd be drilling through to install a keyed lock from the outside? I'm concerned if I would need to drill through heavy metal.
Many thanks and stay well!
Jo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97AAAB77-03F5-4010-872F-9D3AB2A20B96.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F5FB3076-2A63-45D2-ADBC-C28B559B166F.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Jo.

Thanks for reaching out to us! We hope all is well. I recommend our 82-316 keyed lock for your application which should work fine with your door and includes directions. Look this over and let me know if you have any questions!

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.