30DS 38 BSI VN channel balance

A handy person from Riverview Florida says:
I'm looking to replace a pair of window channel balance for a non tilt single hung window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1574967609027-1438196400.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help you with this balance, but we need a bit more information. First, can you show me a picture of the top nylon fitting? Your photo only shows the bottom one. 

Speaking of the bottom fitting, can you measure its depth and tell me what you get? This is the "heel to toe" measurement, assuming the balance is standing straight up as it is while installed.

Finally, can you tell me the exact weight of the sash? Your stamp indicates it will be 38 pounds, but I've seen that be wrong before. I want to be 100% sure.

The sash weighs 35lbs.

The channel balance is 31" long without the plastic inserts.

The bottom insert is 1" heel to toe.

Hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191203_205506888.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191203_205422190.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191203_205359077.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191203_205222096.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191203_205132562.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! This information does help a lot, thank you. Unfortunately, I still can't see the top nylon fitting. We'll need to see that before we can continue.

It also looks like you have two different balances. One has a bottom fitting with side tabs, while the other has a bottom fitting without those tabs. Are these off the same window? Did the tabs break off of the one, or are they two different types?

The style and size of the nylon fittings are essential details to identifying the Series.

The balances are off the same window the tabs are broken. I took some more pictures, hopefully that will help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191204_215447590.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191204_215435783.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191204_215424317.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191204_215417335.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to me. So if the attachments all match, see either our S380-31 or S385-31. The only difference between these two balances is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. Now, you'll need to choose a stamp option. Balances stamped 'DS' have specially designed springs for window sash weights typically beyond standard weight ranges. However, if your window weighs exactly 35 lbs, then our stamp option of 3060 should work for you. This is for a window sash in the weight range of 32 through 35 lbs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.