32 4 HN Caldwell

A quick learner from Healdsburg, CA says:
Hello,

Please help identify the part to reorder. 34" from plastic tip to plastic tip.

Thanks,

John
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, John. To start, re-measure your metal channel. Measure only the metal this time. It should come out at 33". I say that because a "32 4" stamp usually indicates a 33" balance with a 3240 option. You can check that by measuring the length the way I described, and then removing and weighing the sliding window sash. It should weigh between 23 and 28 pounds.

Besides the length and option, the other key detail is the balance Series. I can tell (from the "winged" tabs on your plastic pieces) that you have Series 380 or Series 385. The difference lies in a single dimension of the bottom shoe, which I'm going to show you at the bottom of the post. Measure like that, and choose an S385-33 if you get 1-3/32" as a result. If your shoe measures 1", go with S380-33. Should be a 3240 stamp, either way.
Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.