32" SERIES 380 CHANNEL BALANCE

A handy person from San Diego says:
My channel balances are odd length, 32.5" and 28.5". Do you offer lengths in 1/2" increments? If not, should I round up or round down the length?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can sell balances in 1/2" increments, yes, but they're not stock parts so they would have to be custom made.

I see you were looking at our Series 380. Is that the Series you have? If so, can you tell me what the stamp on each one reads, and how many of each you needed?

Once we have that info, I can email you a custom purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site. Let me know whenever you can!

Yes, I believe I need Series 380 in 1/2" increments. I have attached photos of the markings and end links. Please let me know if you need additional information or pictures. Thank You.

Quantity: 16
Length, 32.5"
Window Weight, 28 lbs
Spring Length, 18 1/4"
Markings: 32 5, B.S.I., PM

Quantity: 4
Length, 28.5"
Window Weight, 25 lbs
Spring Length, 16"
Markings: 28 5, B.S.I., PV

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210531_123857.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210531_123924.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210531_124310.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210531_123846.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210531_130301.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That is not our Series 380. What you have here is a special type of balance known as an "extended travel" channel balance, named for the extra travel in the cord and the location of the pulley wheel. Because of those details, the Series 380 has historically been incompatible.

I also think your length measurement is inaccurate, now that I see what you have. If you double check the length of the metal channel you should find that it's 32-5/8". not 32-1/2". This particular extra-travel balance has only ever been made in 5/8" increments.

Ultimately, that doesn't change much on your end. These still have to be custom made so what I'll do now is confirm the availability of these two sizes. I'll let you know once I have that confirmation and we can work from there.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, we're all good to go on our end. I will email you two purchase links right now: one for 16 of the 32-5 and one for 4 of the 28-5. Let me know if you had any questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for all your help Tom. I just placed the order.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much! We really appreciate your business.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.