32 year old Marvin window gasket.

A contractor from West Park, NY, 12493 says:
I have 24 windows. Ireceived a sample from you 55-169. The part that slides into the track is too long. It needs to be 1/4 inch or less and the gripper part needs to be thicker. Can you help us?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200305_132651.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the 55-169. Can you elaborate what size you need? The part that slides into the track for our 55-169 is 3/16", which is less than 1/4". Shouldn't that have worked for you?

Profile view of 55-169
After the top of the 3/16s line it goes down on a 45° angle. After that I need 1/4 inch. I can trim it but that's alot of trimming.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Our 55-106 has a 1/4" insert. Would that be better for you? You can see its dimensions below.

Profile diagram of 55-106

My concern though is that the 55-169 that you purchased has a 3/16" insert, which is less than 1/4". You shouldn't have to trim anything. By the measurements you're giving us, the 55-169 should have been too small, not too long.

I think we're okay. I just ordered the 55-106-6. I think that will do it. Thanks
Profile picture of Manuela
Manuela from SWISCO responded:

Ok great. Be sure and touch base with us to let us know how you made out. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)