I think the 33-108 may work for me

A quick learner from Winter Haven, Fl says:
How long (deep) is the shoulder?
I am looking for the latching stud shown in the attached picture. Thought I might use 33-108 shoulder screw and a c-clip to create one. If you have a better idea, I would like to hear it.
The stud is 3/16 wide x 5/16 long. The base is 5/16 wide.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I am afraid we do not offer any screws like the one you are describing. Your best option would most likely be to visit your local hardware store to see if they can assist you with this request. You may also visit our selection of screws by clicking here.

Thanks. Could you answer my original question?
How long is the shoulder?
Jim
Profile picture of Casey

Sorry about that! The 33-108 measures 9/16" in overall length. You can also see this information on the 33-108 product description. This is longer than your original, which is why we don't think it will work for you.

Thank you, but I was asking for the length of the shoulder of the 33-108 screw. The description gives the overall length and the diameter of the shoulder. I was asking for the length of the shoulder.
I may have found a threaded rivet nut that will work ( I ordered several sizes), but I would still like to know the answer.
Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

Ohh, I see. The measurement you're looking for is .183", which is a hair under 3/16".

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.