35 lb sash

A quick learner from Michigan says:
I have a sash that when the glass gets replaced will be about 35 lbs. The existing coil balances are a pair of 7 lb coils on each side for a total of 28 lbs. How do I get to 35 lbs if your coils are only up to 8 lbs each? (I am referring to your S190 series)
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Are you sure you have the Series 190? We could use pictures of the pivot shoe and balances, just to make sure we can recommend the right hardware. Many thanks. 

Here are the pics.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_093858_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_093919_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_093938_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

OK, so to support your window sash, you are going to need to use coil springs that support 9 lbs of weight individually--if you have two per each side of the sash, that would equal 36 lbs of support, which is close enough to your window sash's weight. We don't currently have 9 lb spring weights for the Series 190 in stock, but fortunately we can get these in for you. Give us time to get these in stock, and we will let you know as soon as they are online. Many thanks! 

Thanks for your help. I will wait to hear from you that they are available.
Profile picture of Bob

Good news! The S190-940 9 lb Coil Balance springs are now in-stock! Again, to support your 35 lb window sash, we suggest you use two of these coil springs on either side of your sash, for 36 total lbs of support. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks again for reaching out.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.