35" travel length for a 48" long window

A quick learner from Jacksonville Fl says:
Egress Coil Balance S165-6 3/4" , double checking to be sure this balance will fit or work on a 48" length window. I see it states 35" travel space and is any other part needed to be replaced at the same time?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It could possibly work. Where are the coil springs located in the jamb, in the middle or at the top?
A quick learner from jacksonville fl says:
the coil springs are located at the top of the 48" window. Can I get this 3/8" x 48" ? Cannot find anywhere in northeast fl. Could the coil be moved down in the sash to accomodate the 35"? Please advise need to find a solution and the part. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't sell that spring in 48", but you can mount it lower in the frame to compensate. Just make sure that it will not interfere with the tilt latch as you move the sash up and down. Otherwise, you should be good to go.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.