36-028HD Window Hinge

A purchasing agent from Greensboro NC says:

Your description online says this is a non-handed hinge. One of our carpenters said he needed both right and left so I ordered and received 4 units(listed as non handed on your site). When they came in one of them was actually made left handed and the other 3 were right handed. That is fine and I can use them all but neither of us could see any way to use these as non handed product. T

herefore I need to order more of the one type I received that left handed(based on the protruding lip at end that is 1/2" long) This would appear to only mount on one side. 

Just to repeat to be clear, this is exactly the right replacement part I need but you had at least in stock that was made the opposite way and also works I just need to order more of that one if available. Thanks for you help.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your question about our Four Bar Hinge. The hinge can be used either left or the right. With your hinge in the closed position and the pointed end at the top, you can either pull the arms down to the left or to the right. Give that a try and let us know how you make out.

A purchasing agent from Greensboro NC says:
Thanks for your help. They are reversible(non-handed) as you say. The trick seems to be to start with tip up straight in closed position and pull down in desired direction. Thanks again to you and Jody for your help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You're certainly welcome (from Jody, too)! We're glad to hear the hinges worked out for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.