36 TG 1992 Weathershield Balances

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I need balances for 2 1992 Weathershield windows (4 balances). Balances are stamped 36TG. Length is 37"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, that shoe at the end of your balance has been discontinued. At this time, there is no known substitute. If you needed to replace that shoe, we won't be able to help. I don't know who would have these shoes anymore, unfortunately.

We can replace the balance channel itself, though. It's possible to just replace that and re-use your old shoe, if it's undamaged, I just need to know the length, width, and height of the metal channel. I'll also need to know how many you need. Let me know!

I have the old shoes so I assume I can use those with new balance channels by tieing the shoe to the nylon cords of the balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yep, that's usually what we recommend. If you can give me the information I mentioned in my first post we can work from there.

Length: 37"
Width: 9/16"
Height: 5/8"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great, thanks! In that case, I recommend our S751-37 channel balance with a 36TG stamp.. This comes with a rivet installed at the top so you can use an "S" hook. You can use your old "S" hook or you can purchase our 19-030 separately. These do not have to be specially made, so you can place your order whenever you wish.

We have to ship these to you with shoes attached, otherwise the cord will just shoot into the channel. What you want to do when you receive these is pull the cord out, lock it in a bench vise, untie the shoe it comes with then tie your old shoe on. When you're done, make sure you're holding onto the cord firmly before you release the vise, or else it'll shoot back into the balance. I recommend wearing gloves and safety googles when you do this just in case.

Let me know if you have any questions!

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.