38-091 and 38-092 in Terratone?

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I have 38-091(LH) and a 38-092(RH) from you in beige. Is the color available that is similar to Andersens Terratone ? Last year I thought I saw a color "Clay" offered. Do you still have that color and can I get it ?
Thanks,
Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We have only had white and beige available to us, but we'd be happy to research additional colors. Before we get started, can you send us a photo of your lock for us to review? You could also look at our 39-114L handle. We just want to be 100% sure of what color you need before we have stock made up.

Also note that there will be a 4 to 5 week lead time. Bronze is also a popular color to consider, if that's too long a wait for you. Let me know!

I will look at at the handle you mentioned. When you talk about stock made up, what do you mean? I am not in a big rush. Bronze could be the color. My windows are 20-25 years old and Certainteed for sure. The Beige actually looks pretty good, but a closer match might be better. Hope the picture is helpful
Thanks, Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200430_184715.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. Looking at your photo, that looks like the bronze color option that Truth makes. I think that might be what you need. We will work on adding that to our inventory and will let you know as soon as we have it available.

For an example of what Truth's bronze looks like, see the image below.

Tom,I did order 2 of those in beige from you,hence my request for the bronze you came up with. The style is correct. I will need between 8-12 and will wait for your reply. One thing I need to know. I am in millwork for Home Depot and sell windows and doors. Lh and Rh are determined from exterior view of hinge side. How are you guys deciding Lh and Rh? Thanks, I will wait for your reply on Lh and Rh and availability of the bronze.

Tom

Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'm glad to hear this color is a match. Like I said, we'll let you know the very moment it's available for you to purchase.

As for handing orientation, that's always a tricky subject. Sometimes it's based on which side of the window frame it sits on, sometimes it's based on which window out of a pair it's on, sometimes it's based on the inside looking out and sometimes it's based on the outside looking in. It's frustrating, but there is no industry standard and everyone has their own idea of what's left and what's right, even within the same company.

To make things simple, I like to just go by physical design. Specifically for these operators, I look at which side of the housing the handle is on. In your photo above, the white operator is our 38-092 and the darker operator is our 38-091, based on the orientation of the handle. When you go by physical details like that, there's no need to guess what the manufacturer had in mind when they made this particular product.

Tom, just checking in to see if there is any update on the availability status of the Bronze color for my casement handles.

Thanks,

Tom

Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Tom! We expect this color option to be available within the next 1-2 weeks. Thank you so much for your patience.

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again, Tom. The 38-091 and 38-092 locks are now available in bronze!

Hello Tom, thanks for all your help. Just finished ordering 10 casement locks and 4 awning locks in bronze. I meant to order 6 awning locks, 2 for backups, but in the excitement of ordering my casement locks, I forgot. I will order them later.
Thanks again,
Tom
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.