3/8" spindle for Cmech handle

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello. Your website looks great, and you seem very knowledgeable. I am about to purchase inside handle 40-150 from your site to replace the broken Cmech one on our storm door, but I cannot find any 3/8" square spindles on your website. Do you have any measuring 3/8" squared by 3" to 4" inches in length? Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks again for your patience, and your compliments. Hopefully we can live up to our reputation.

The 40-150 will take a 3/8" size spindle once the insert is removed, but I'm afraid we do not carry that size spindle ourselves. To be honest, it's fairly uncommon. You could possibly check with a local hardware store and see if they can supply you with a piece of 3/8" stock steel bar which you can cut down for a spindle. That said, I'm not sure you will be happy using the 40-150 as a replacement for your inside handle. If I remember correctly, the Cmech handle pushes to unlatch the door, whereas the 40-150 needs to be turned. You might need to contact the manufacture of the door, which I believe is EMCO / Forever Doors, and see if they still can supply you with a replacement handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)