39-002 with 9-1/4" arm?

A home owner from Buffalo, New Yor says:
Regarding Window Crank Operator 9" Product Code: 39-002. The window operator I am trying to replace is 91/4 inches from the center of the gears to the center of the disc as shown in your picture. Will a 1/4 of an inch make a difference. The casement windows are from 1949-1950. I do not see an name or part number on the one I have. Please advise. Thank you.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We don't have this operator with a 9-1/4" arm, but the only problem I can foresee with that is that the window might not open quite as far as it could before. As long as the installation holes match, it should be okay.
A home owner from Buffalo, New Yor says:
Dave, thank you. The problem with the window is that it won't crank out initially, if you push the window some then it starts to crank. I have thought I needed a whole new window crank. Would you agree? It would be ok if it didn't open real wide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The teeth might be worn near the end of the operator and that could be why it needs a push to get started. Before you purchase a new operator, remove yours completely. Then, try moving the sash in and out and see if it still hangs up. If so, it's possible that you might just need to lubricate the hinge. If it moves freely, then replace the operator.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.