39-025 Awning Window Crank screw diameter is too big

A home owner from NY 11365 says:

Dear SWISCO Customer Service: I bought and received a 39-025 Awning Window Crank Operator replacement from SWISCO. At the end of 2-3/8 tongue on the crank operator, you provide a shoulder type screw. The shoulder screw diameter is too big and I cannot insert to the existing hole at the window. Do you have a type of Crank Operator without the screw and only a hole the end of the tongue. Or with small diameter shoulder screw (same size as on the other side of the 2-3/8 tongue). Thank you for your help.

Chung

I talk to Erika, she is very helpful and she wants me to send the pictures. Please see the pictures below for the end 2-3/8 tongue hole. Chung 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0461[24763].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0462[24767].jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Looking at your order, I can see that you ordered extra shoulder screws. The 39-025 operator comes with the screw that you need to attach the arms to the window linkage. You don't need to use the shoulder screws. However, you would need to use the 33-206 nylon bushing to go over the "threaded sector" at the end of the link arm. Please take a look at the related video below. Thank you. 

Dear Customer Service: Thank you reply, I don't need that shoulder screws. Because the shoulder diameter is too big to mount on window side. How can I take it out?

I bought the 33-206 nylon bushing together with the 39-025.

I just found you have a new model 39-061 Keller window crank with holes on it (no shoulder screw) that might serve my purpose. However, you do not show the full dimension on the picture, I wonder if it is the same 2-3/8" arm length ( you didn't show ). Do you provide rivet or bolt bushing to fit that hole. What size ? Thank you if you can do quick response. less than 4 days

Chung 

Dear Customer Service: I jut send you a text. and I found you text shows Right handed replacement crank operator shows a 2-3/8" arm extension with 1/4" - 20 thread, for awning windows manufactured by Keller, etc.

However, in the picture it shows the arm length is 2-1/4". which one is correct?

Chung 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 39-061 operator link arm from the center of the Rivet to the center of the threaded hole is 2-1/4". However there is some "travel" in the gearing, so you should be fine as long as the link arm length is close. This operator takes the 33-070 shoulder screw along with the 33-206 nylon bushing.

Please note that this is not a newer model of the 39-025 that you purchased, but an entirely separate assembly. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.