39-351: Which hinge goes on top and which goes on bottom?

A home owner from Okla. says:
Hello from Oklahoma,
Need to verify if the TOP ARM shown in your picture goes on the top of the window?? In other words the shoe with the rubber rollers go on TOP?? My instinct thought the rollers would take the weight load of the window and would be on the bottom.
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the hinge with the rollers go on the bottom of the sash. The top hinge only has a guide. The best way is to determine what you need is to match the the new hinge with how your existing one is installed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)