39-371 Instruction Pages

A home owner from Wyoming says:
Do you have any instruction pages with illustrations that would show us how to replace the part 39-371? I would think such information would be of great help to those of us who have Pella windows that are continually becoming hard to close and that part breaking.

The window that I am working on opens on the left as you look at it from the outside. Would that be considered at right or left hand piece.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we do not have an instruction sheet on how to replace this shoe. Hopefully I can walk you through it, at least. 

To install the 39-371 Pella Hinge Shoe onto the hinge itself, first remove the broken hinge from the bracket in which it is snapped. Then it's simply a matter of snapping the new 39-371 shoe in its place. 

Just make sure that the divots in the shoes fit into the bracket so that its facing the right direction. It will, of course, be best if you remove your hinge fully from the window before trying to replace the shoe.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.