39-539 hinge question

A quick learner from Venice FL says:
I bought 2 pair of these hinges to repair a window and started tonight and then postponed until extended daylight. It appears that I have to remove both sashes first, as the uppermost portion of the hinge appears to be blind fastened to a nylon guide that interlocks with a continuous bar on each side. If I remove enough hardware, is that aluminum channel removable from the frame so I can slide the hinges off of it? Also, once off, are the nylon guides held to the hinge with c clips on the back side? I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd rather not go down the rabbit hole first. Pics would be the same as everyone else's.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. These are not an easy fix. What I have done in the past was to use a 3/16" diameter pop rivet to fasten the hinge to the window. Take note when squeezing the rivet don't squeeze too hard. You don't want the hinge binding. Squeeze it just enough to set the rivet.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.