40-015 Installation

A quick learner from united states says:
Today I received a 40-015 Heavy Duty Door Closer and a 40-006 Inswing Bracket to use on an inswing storm door. Just placing the parts against the jamb and the door frame I don't see how the torsion bar mount of the closer is going to work in this application. Your other closers have a pin mount on the door attachment that allows them to pivot as the door opens. In my application the door is flush with the jamb so the HD closer would have to bend the torsion bar even to mount with the inswing bracket, let alone be able to bend more as the door opens. Am I missing something? Should I return this closer and get one of the conventional mount ones instead?

There's no closer on the door at the present time but here's a picture of the top of the door where I'd planned to mount the closer with the inswing bracket. As you can see the hinges are on the right side and there's a relatively thin aluminum frame at the top with a screened portion to close the gap between the door and the ceiling.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_172939.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I don't think that the 40-015 heavy duty closer works well when using the 40-006 in swing bracket. I believe you would be better off using the standard 40-077 closer. That torsion bar on the 40-015 can give you trouble. Normally the 40-015 closer is used on the heavier security type storm doors.

How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.