40 year old sliding glass door

A quick learner from San Juan Capistrano, CA says:
I replaced the roller assemblies and the door works great. I would like to replace the handle to include a key lock. The original is surface mounted on a 1" thick frame with screws 4-15/16" center to center. There is a hole centered between the screw holes that is not used. I like your keyed mortise handle set 82-081, double hook mortise lock 82-238, and multi-point striker 89-030. Image 5 represents the door frame. Is there enough room for the mortise lock? Are the 3 holes in the mortise lock to be 1" from the door edge? Does the multi-point striker mount flush or on the surface? Thank you.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't think the hardware you picked out will fit on your door. I can't even tell if you have the room for a mortise lock. That said, we have detailed dimensions on our site you can use as a reference if you think you can rig it up.

Your original handle set looks more like our 82-009A surface-mount handle. If you wanted a keyed exterior, see our 82-306. These are compatible.
A professional from CA says:
That is possible if you have a lot of experience and some really good metal working tools.
I've been working on doors like these for many years, and I wouldn't attempt it.
82-009A is probably your best bet.
82-306 will probably make having a screen impossible.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.