55-303/55-301

A quick learner from MO says:
I have a broken glass in an Andersen Narrowline casement with 3/8" glazing. The 3/8" thickness is not available anymore. Can I replace it with 5/8" glazing and use your 5/8" glazing bead in the same sash?

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

This is a great question. When our company used to make insulated glass, we made 3/8" thick units. See if you can order a 7/16" thick piece of insulated glass. It would only be 1/16" thicker than the 3/8" unit. Ordering a 5/8" unit might work but I have never tried it. You can ask your supplier if they could lend you a sample piece of insulated glass to try out in your sash? That might help. Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.