5/8 top sash guide

A home owner from Montgomery, TX says:
I had ordered (#2012161) 5/8" Top Sash Guide, Kinco as close as I could determine to work but won't work as top too small.
The old ones were square on bottom and broke out and mechnikisum jamming up...
The old ones are 1 inch by 15/16 wide

I installed new ones and seeing the spring mechanism comes up and catches lip at top of window guide.
Window does work well. Is this the way suppose to work? img 8089 Other than top not same?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_8090.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_8091.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_8088.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_8089.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_8087.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your top sash guide resembles the 18-174, which is used to keep the balance assembly in place below the sash. Review the dimensions below to confirm if they match up to your part. Please note that, unfortunately, we do not carry this part in white. Thanks for posting. 

Detail of 18-174
Detail of 18-174

Side view of 18-174
Side view of 18-174

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.