Window balances for Mastic windows

A home owner from 08723 says:
...None of which work. I need tension/balancer springs for each.

2 are 36 x 53
2 are 35 3/4 x 53
2 are 29 1/2 x 49 3/4
2 is 36 x 49 3/4

Stickers on windows say Order: 35377 03/06/96 VD2W R
Line: #1

I am selling the house and need to fix them instead of replacing them.

Thank you!

Jackie

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jackie. I'm not sure what to recommend as Mastic used many different style of balances. Other than size, are all the balances identical? If so, show me a few pictures and I will try my best to replace them. If you can, please also give me your measurements for the balances themselves, not the window.

In the meantime, see our Series 600 spiral balance. Mastic has been known to use this, but I cannot confirm if it's what you have.
A home owner from 08723 says:
My nephew is a window guy. I relayed the info you requested and here is his response:

That's weird that he can't use the window size to get the correct balancers. They are all the same style... what r u supposed to measure? when the window is closed or open? (because they extend and the length changes.)

What say you? :)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Assuming you have spiral balances, you would measure the tube. Specifically, you need to measure the diameter and its length. We would also need to know the weight of the sash and whether the window i s tilt or non-tilt. The only thing we could tell based on the sash size is the length and strength, and even then it wouldn't be completely accurate.

See the videos below, they should help clarify what information we need. This is of course just assuming you have spiral balances. Based on your information I think that's what you have, but you would need to confirm.

How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.