70-215 Adjustable Screen Insert Was Too Short For Me?

A home owner from Missouri says:
I purchased 50 of the adjustable screen inserts and installed them on the exterior of my home holding the screens in place because the plunger type clips were old and not holding very well. On some of the screens the adjustable screw was too short so I had to add a plastic spacer to the foot of the adjustable plastic screw. Do you have a better solution for me? A longer plunger foot or a 1/4 inch or longer spacer? Thanks, Larry
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Larry. How far is the reach you need? One thought is to try Z-Clips like our 70-017 or 70-031. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks Bob. I like the plastic and adjustable with easy to loosen and remove the screen without taking the clip off. My depth varies from 1/4 to 1 inch. I used a rubber spacer on the 1 inch depth. Thanks again, Larry
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If you're uncertain, may we see photos of your current setup? That might help narrow down if there are any other alternatives, though I am not sure that there will be. The 70-215 is indeed the only adjustable kind of these clips we carry.

Thanks, they seem to be working fine with the spacers I used. Larry
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.