81-018 with solid wheel, no groove?

A home owner says:
I am looking for the same part # but it has an(A)at the end and has a solid poly wheel no groove everything i see has a grooved wheel.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is strange. Do all the dimensions match, as well? I think it may be best if we see a few pictures of the part in question. I'm wondering if your wheels just wore down from age and use until they looked flat.
A quick learner from charlotte nc says:
Here are a couple pictures
User submitted photo of their patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Wow, that is weird! We will have to research this. Please give us a little time to track this part down. Hopefully we can find something for you.
LOL Yea i have been all over the internet can only find the grooved ones,the wheel is 5/16 and the track it rides on is 3/8 if that helps any. Good luck hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much.
Profile picture of Tom
How about our 81-151? This has a similar design to the 81-018 and has flat nylon wheels. Could that work?
It looks like it would work the question i have is the top with the 2 holes is there anything that goes in then and what is the length? I am sending a picture of the one i have the measurement is 2 5/8 and this little piece attaches to it.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We do not carry this piece, but you should be able to reuse the old one.
I dont think so wheels are still to thick but i took your suggestion and ordered the solid wheeled ones hopefully they will work if not back to the drawing board lol. Thanks for all your help
A professional from CA says:
The 81-151 rollers are meant to have adjustable screws in the top to adapt for different door styles. Your spacer / shim should work if the length of the top of the roller is close. If it does not snap on, you should be able to stick it either to the top of the slot or the top of the roller with double sided tape. Just make sure it is sitting on the middle supports, and not balancing on the clips at the ends. They should bend in or out as needed to either in to grab the roller or out of the way.
Tom thanks for all your help the 81-151 worked just fine the clips on top did not fit they where to long but the way they screw in did not use them. Again thanks for all your help.
A professional from California says:
If the vinyl frame is strong and rigid, this should not be a problem. If the roller is not supported inside, the weight of the door can warp the bottom rail causing it to puff out on the sides which in turn causes rubbing. Your call, but I would recommend replacing the block or using something similar in height for more support.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.