81-249 Slider Roller

A handy person from NJ says:
I am replacing a roller for Pella slider OX-26CX installed 1984. Please confirm that this is the correct roller. I prefer no to remove the door just to see if there is a flange.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 81-249 and the genuine Pella 81-098 roller were used by Pella from 1959 to 1996. That could be a good way to gauge what you need. I'm afraid the number you gave us does not confirm it. However, from experience the best way to be sure is to physically look at your existing roller in your door. It's your call what you want to do. I know it's a hassle, but that's just how these kind of doors are designed. Most manufacturers never intended for the individual parts like rollers to be replaced, so they never really tried to make it easy. They'd rather you just replace the whole door.
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.