Problem with 81-257 Screws

A home owner from Boynton Beach Florida says:
Hi

I did order 2 81-257 rollers and installed them. The rollers are the same as my old one with the exception ..the distance between the 2 holes are greather on the new one and the screws are longer and the door frame block me to adjust th roller height. I will have to remove them and replace the screws .So could you please give me the size thread of both holes. The adjusting screws and lock screw for the frame.

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I currently don't have access to this information, but I'll look into it for you ASAP. Please bear with us a little longer.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I think I can help. I checked the screws on the 81-257 roller. The adjustment screw at the bottom of the housing is a pan head machine screw, #1/4-28 x 3/4" long. The upper frame mounting screw would be a #12 pan head sheet metal type screw. However, I'm wondering if you ordered the wrong patio door wheel for your door. That may be why you're having problems. Would it be possible to see a photo of your original roller for us to take a look at an identify? Seeing it side by side with the 81-257 would also help.

A home owner from Boynton Beach Florida says:
Thank you Dave

The roller are identical, the only difference is the distance between the 2 holes and the length of the adjusting screw. Is there are change over the years??? my door is date 1972. But with the infos received from you i will able to fix my problem. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Another idea would be to drill out the adjustment hole in the side edge of the door a little larger to have better access to the adjustment screw. That is what I've done in the past when I ran into the same situation. 

If all else fails, you could show us a photo of your old rollers out of the door and we can try to find a better match.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.