82-008 hook direction

A quick learner says:
Your 82-008 shows the hook facing down. On mine the hook faces up. Mine is from a slider leading onto a balcony. Is this to prevent it from catching and locking yourself out? If so, is the hook on 82-008 reversible?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Outside.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The hook on the 82-008 is its own piece, so it's very easy to just flip it around if necessary. I'm more worried about the location of the hook in relation to the body of the handle. Yours looks way lower than the 82-008, so there's a good chance it won't align with the hole in your door. You may want to consider the 82-002 instead.

A quick learner says:
Looking at it now, I agree. Thanks
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the advice! The 82-002 did the trick!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's great to hear! Please let me know if you needed anything else in the future.

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.