removing the key unlocks the 82-055k

A home owner from New York says:
I replaced the existing handle with this keyed version. The sliding door locks properly from the outside, but removing the key unlocks it. Obviously I installed it improperly. Any ideas what I did wrong?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's a new one to me, honestly. I'm not sure why removing the key is unlocking the door. I can only assume the cylinder is loose in its little cavity, but that's just a guess. I can only advise removing the outside handle and key lock and giving it another go.

A home owner says:
In the old handle there is a thin 3" piece of metal to limit the lock/unlock position, which wasn't in the new handle. Using the old handle solved the problem.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.