82-218 did not work

A quick learner from Ohio says:
I purchased the 82-218 did not work for me. I need something a little smaller but not sure which part would work. Could you please help me?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 82-218 looks like our best match. There is no mortise lock designed like the 82-218, but slightly smaller. Keep in mind that the fit is supposed to be a little tight. I can't count how many people have thought the 82-218 was too big at first, but were able to get it to work. I recommend watching the video below, that should help.
A quick learner says:
I tried the 82-218 but didn't try to install it the way the video shows. I sent the lock back hoping another would fit. Looking at the pictures I sent versus the video picture, yo can see how my door frame is recessed. There is also a inner molding that may not allow insertion. After looking at the pictures, do you think the 82-218 is the lock for me?
call if you need further info.
dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I do. They just don't make a similar mortise, but smaller. This is pretty much the only relevant design for your door on the market. It may be a little trickier to install than what we show in our video, but there probably still isn't anything closer.
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.