Trouble installing your 82-261

A home owner from Poland Indiana says:
The longest screws in the kit are 1 1/4". Far from any length that would be close to suitable. The actuator itself is too long, requiring grinding or cutting to be able to make this functional. There are no directions. At all. Nothing to state that the length of the actuator shaft may need to be altered in order to make this function, or you may have to use the screws from the unit you are replacing. Which in my case didn't fit and would have required further modification of your hardware.

I know that universality is hard in your marketplace, but if you're going to leave your customers hanging as to the proper path forward, at least tell them in writing that such extreme measures may need to be employed in order to perform a successful install of your product.

> Not happy. What's the best path forward? Can you send the parts that might make this a successful install and provide the answers to my questions that make this install a crapshoot? Or would a refund be more appropriate? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I think the issue you're having is that the 82-261 is not the proper replacement for your handle set. The 82-261 is a surface mount type handle set, and a very particular one at that, while your original set is meant to work with an inside mortise lock. I would recommend you consider our 82-035 instead, along with the 82-315 key lock. As far as directions go, we actually have several tutorial videos dedicated to these parts, which I will post below for your convenience. Please review the parts I suggested and let me know if you'd like me to clarify any details.
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.