82-316 & 82-317: which do I need?

A contractor from Lincoln, NE says:
I have an Andersen sliding patio door that i want to install a key lock on.
The door, from the outside, opens to the right. Do I need a 82-317 or 82-316?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! When you say the door opens to the right, I assume that that would be the right-side door panel? If so, then you should consider our 82-317. Handing is determined from outside looking in by which panels is operating.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)