How to remove a 84-105

A quick learner from Pensylvania says:
Please explain how to remove the broken part of the roller that is still inside the wood frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have a lot of personal experience with this roller, but I believe that you need to first remove the screen flap from the door frame, if applicable, by pulling the screen toward you. You would then remove the shipping spacers from the screen track and frame sill. That should hopefully give you access to the broken pieces of the roller.

A quick learner from Colorado says:
First, partially remove the screen door, by lifting up and sliding out the bottom. (If self closing, the spring and cord will still be attached, but you can lean sthe screwen door against the glass door. Second, useing the adjustment screws (one on each side) at the top of the frame. Turn clockwise until you can remove the broken part. Also, be sure to remove the broken rollers from the top track.
A quick learner from California says:
We have Pella Reserve Contemporary sliding doors with the screen (installed in 2022). Someone walked directly into the screen, breaking the roller. We needed to replace the broken roller.

The screen door rollers are located solely at the top of the screen door. You need to remove the screen door to replace the roller. We found this video on how to remove the screen extremely helpful https://youtu.be/FUJXjD2Xexc

Leave the entire screen door in the top metal frame. Slide the screen back and forth and remove the four screens mounting the metal screen frame into the window opening. You can then tilt and lift the screen out of the bottom of the frame, with the top metal frame still attached. Slide the screen door off the top metal frame.

There is a screw on the top inside of the screen door frame attaching each roller. Turn the mounting screw clockwise and the roller will start to rise up out of the wooden door frame. Remove the old roller, insert the new one into the screen door and turn the same screw counterclockwise to mount the roller. Slide the screen door back into the top metal frame and remount the entire assembly into the wall opening. You may have to adjust the mounting screws for the rollers to obtain the proper rolling height. Good luck.

Thank you to Swisco for the perfect replacement part.
A home owner from New Mexico says:
I understand that this replacement roller is for Pella screen doors made sometime after 1995 when my screen door was made. The parts for my "older" model are not made anymore but, I understand, that Pella has a fix for the older model. Does anyone know what that fix is and how to obtain it? Right now I have a perfectly functional screen door that is sitting in its bottom slot but is can't be moved.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.