84-108 With a Shorter Spring

A handy person from New Hampshire says:
Hello- Was wondering if you could provide a little help. The first picture shows your 84-108 on the left and my crap roller is on the right. The second pictures shows the identical mounting hinge on your roller and mine, which is correct. My problem is obviously the spring. Your 84-096 is also close, but has steel wheels, mine does not. The mounting is wrong also. I tried to bend the spring on mine to duplicate yours, but the spring broke everywhere I tried to bend it. I cut the spring on your roller, and bent it a little to use it. It seems to be holding, but is not correct. Do you have or know where I can find the correct roller.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4212.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4209.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a version of the 84-108 with a different style spring. I have seen this in the past, but we weren't able to find it then, either. I can't be 100% sure, but I feel like your roller is perhaps an older version that is no longer made. 

Either way, it is not something that we are able to supply. The 84-108 is the only roller we have that comes close. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.