840 S190 COIL BALANCE SPRING too loose for my window

A quick learner from MD says:
I bought replacement 840 S190 COIL BALANCE SPRING.
But my window is still too loose.
Can I use other coil spring to make my window tighter?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Individually, this coil balance with an 840 stamp can hold 8 pounds. That means that if you have one coil on each side of the window, it will support a 16-pound window sash. If your window weighs more than 16-pounds, that would explain why your window is still sagging. Could you weigh the window sash and get back to us so that we can get to the bottom of this for you? Thank you!

A quick learner from MD says:
Thank you Casey.
One of the window is 19 pounds. Another window is 19.4 pounds,

But the original springs have stamps of 840.

Should I change springs?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

For your sash weights, I'd suggest using an S190-940 coil spring on each side of the window. The added strength will provide extra support to keep your sash raised. Thank you. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.