87-163 axles are too wide

A home owner from Austin, Texas says:
Dear Swisco I received my order of 87-163 and tried to install the wheels, the plastic frame fits perfectly, including the protrusions on the bottom that fit into the notch in the window. However, the axles for the wheels are slightly wider than the plastic frame (about 3/100th of an inch, and won't fit into the recessed track on the window. If I apply pressure, it pops the wheels and axle out of the plastic frame. I'm thinking about hammering in the complete unit with a rubber mallet. Do you have any other ideas.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I pulled one of the 87-163 rollers from stock to check the axles. They do seem a little wider than the housing, but not by much. I would try and file down the axles just enough so that they can fit into the window frame. I wonder if these rollers are meant to be installed before the frame is put together. Some manufacturers have been known to do such a thing. Just a thought.
A home owner from Austin, TX says:
Dave - thanks for the response. The difference is hardly noticeable, but is just sufficient to prevent them from fitting. I will try filing the axles.

Peter
A home owner from Austin, TX says:
Dave - I tried filing the too wide axles, they fitted into the window frame and the slot, and seated perfectly.

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That's great to hear. Thanks for getting back to us!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.