A-S NYC 7873

A home owner from Mesa, AZ says:
Hi! I need new rollers for my old sliding patio door. The wheel diameter is 1 1/4". Let me know if need dimensions of metal piece that holds the wheel. Also, if you have installation instructions, that would be great. Hoping I can install on my own! Thanks for your help!
???
Suzanne
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

A-S stands for Allen Stevens Corporation that made your roller, the 81-023 back in New York before they went of business in the 1990's. You are going to need help in replacing this roller assembly. First, remove the door and carefully lay the door down. Next, unscrew the frame screws; the 33-104 located at the bottom corners of the door. Now, with a block of wood and hammer, gently place the block of wood on the glass and start hammering the frame from the glass. When you knock off the door bottom rail you can unscrew the top wheel housing screw, the 33-103, and slide out the outside housing. Now slide in the new roller assembly and screw it to the rail and lightly tap the rail back on the glass. Screw the two bottom frame screws to the roller assembly and place the door back on the track. Then, adjust the roller assemblies for the door to slide smoothly.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.