#A-X7164 screen plunger pins

A quick learner from Minnesota says:
I need to buy replacement plunger pins for a screen part #A-X7164. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See the Plunger Pins I have listed on this page. Compare them to your extant hardware, and let me know if any of them might work for you. Many thanks. 

A home owner from Hampton says:
I have a window w no manufacturer name on it.The window is broken and needs repaired.It has a screen in it w this number.Can you give me any advice on who may have manufactured this window.
A home owner from Apollo Beach, FL says:
Actually, I have a cottage in the Bahamas and need to replace screens. Due to difficulty getting things sent, I would like to buy the frame material and cut it to size. Is this possible?
Jim Alderman

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We only offer the screen mesh, if that would be something you're interested in. You can browse through our selection here

A home owner from Evanston IL says:

LINK TO DISCUSSION:

https://www.swisco.com/discussions/A-X7164-screen-plunger-pins-77-88580

TEXT OF MY RESPONSE:

Hi all,

I did view the "selection of pins" in your 6/12/17 response, however I still have the same question as "a quick learner from Minnesota" had in 2017. However I will share with you all the info. I know to see if you can help, thanks!

1.) I need replacement screen pins, but unfortunately, despite literally years of efforts, I have been unable to find out who made or installed the windows and screens.

2.) Just like "a quick learner from Minnesota" I have screens which, on the frame of the screens themselves, there is a sticker which says "A-X7164." I do not know if this information is relevant to the material and size of the pins themselves. (Maybe you can clear that up for me?)

3.) In your 6/12/17 response, you asked about the material and size of the pins. Pls. see attached photos:

-Material: the pins are clear plastic

-Length: from what I can tell from some of Swisco's posts (including Tom's 6/18/20 post), the "length" is measured in a variety of ways, so I am confused. So pls. see the attached photo with the measuring tape in it, measuring approx. 1-5/8"

-Also, not apparent from the photos but the pins have springs in them.

4.) It seems pretty clear to me that my pins do not match Swisco's "Window Screen Pin" (part #70-195). However, maybe the "5 Pack, Snap-On Plunger Pin Assemblies" (part #70-219) is what I need?

Thank you for any help you can provide! I am frustrated with my window installer, not Swisco, this process seems absurd so I am grateful for any help!

-CR

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2918.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2917.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2916.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with these parts, but I think we can help. To start out, you don't need to worry about window brand. Your screen parts look generic so it's entirely possible knowing who made the window wouldn't have been helpful to begin with.

Looking at your photos, I think your original pins are a closer match to our 70-009 and 70-008. Ours are metal, not plastic, but that doesn't really matter. I'm more concerned about size. Please review the two dimensions we show for these products and let me know if either part matches up. If not, let me know what dimension differs and I can see if I can find something better.

A handy person from st pete Fl says:
My screen is also marked A-X7164. The lower sash drops with no control. No ID on the sash. How do I find parts? I don't recognize the brand.Thank you, Steve.
Profile picture of Tom

It sounds like your sash has a problem with its balances. These are spring loaded mechanisms that hold it up once raised.

Unfortunately, the marking on your screen doesn't tell me anything about the balance hardware in use here. At this stage I don't know what you have. In order to help, we'll need you to remove the balances from the window (ideally a mechanism that's in undamaged condition if you have it) and upload a few photos here for me to review.

How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.