A channel balance that can support 32 lbs.?

A handy person from Huntington Beach CA says:
I have a sash that weighs 32 lbs. My balance looks like a series 380 or 385, they look identical to me. Length is 27in. 1/2 in wide. Do you have one that can support that weight?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We can make a balance that will support that weight, but it will have to be custom made. Before we start with that, though, let's figure out what Series you have.

Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
A quick learner from SoCal says:
My shoe is 1 in deep. Here are pics of the shoe and top part. Please note the metal channel itself is hemmed on the open end. The metal channel is exactly 27in in length. The number on the channel is "26-3 LG5 CMC 54". Hope that helps.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. This is actually not one of our standard balance Series, and will have to be custom made. Before we start, though, can you first confirm the length of the metal channel? This type of balance usually has metal channels that end on the 5/8", not on an even inch. Let me know!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.