ANDERSON WINDOW BALANCER

A handy person from Howell says:
Greetings:
I have an ID number from the Anderson Window in need of a balancer(s). The number stamped on the bottom frame of the screen is 3052E. This is the original screen.

Would you kindly send me the part number? Do you stock it? Does the repair require 1 or 2 balancers.

I am coming back to you as your organization was of great help with spline replacements. Thank you. I am a very handy homeowner.

Respectfully,
Thomas

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Tom. The Andersen balance actually is going to depend on a code that's printed on the balance itself. Can you remove the balance from the top of your window and check the exterior of the box for stamps or codes?
A home owner from Howell says:
Greetings,
I am trying to avoid this as once it is apart it will have to remain in this condition until the balancers are received.

If this has to be done it will have to wait until next week.
Will recontact you then. Thank you for the quick reply.

Respectfully,

Thomas
A quick learner from Howell NJ says:
Greetings:
Hoping this the number you require to assist me in sorting this out. Both balancers are stamped with:
S34 1031 8 this numeral is a different font than the the others. If you require more information I will do my best to supply.
Respectfully,
Thomas
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Andersen 1031 balances can be replaced with SWISCO's 24-1033 replacement balance.
A quick learner from Howell says:
Greetings:
Are the mounting screw included with the purchase? If not want size, lenght and head style do you recommend for proper fit.
Respectfully,
Thomas
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Yes, Thomas, the screws are included.
A quick learner from Howell NJ says:
Want to let you know the R/R of balancers went without a hitch. Read directions, view video and take your time.
I found it very helpful to wax the left lower side jamb before reasssmbly. The red wax tube pruchased from Swisco did the trick. Again take your time. I found it also practical to remove the screen and protect the sill with contruction paper. This is my first try at this job. As more balancers give way more will be purchased from the very able and capable SWISCO. You may post this as TT from NJ
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.