AW replacement lock and handle

A handy person from West Deptford. NJ says:
I found what I think I need. I have a lock and handle that I would like to replace on a AW sliding window door. I think I found the lock, 82-037. Only difference I see is the replacement has a lock button recessed when door is closed, my part doesn't have that, not sure if that matters. Maybe you can answer.

I also need the handle that goes into the lock. The one I found on your site is white and rounded, the one I'm looking for is brass and is rectangle shaped, with the following part numbers stamped on it:
B2573555
A2573556
C2573557
7246B-4

I would like to order both parts.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I do recognize the needed Thumb Latch Lock, unfortunately is is discontinued and no longer available. There is a Bright Brass Thumb Latch Lock substitute suggested by Andersen, we are bringing it in for your review, please allow at least 4 weeks. I will post again as soon as it available to you and yes, SWISCO product code 82-037, Andersen Reachout Deadlock Assembly, is the appropriate internal lockset to go with this latch.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
The bright brass substitute suggested by Andersen is now available, take a look at SWISCO product code 82-241, Andersen Thumb Latch Lock.
A handy person from West Deptford says:
This looks like what I have and appears that it will work. How about the acutal lock, do you also have that part? What happens if I order both and they don't work, can they be returned?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we do offer the internal lock, please see the Swisco 82-037 Andersen Reachout Deadlock Assembly.

You can go to our Return & Exchange Policy section to find all information about returning a product.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.