AWS PIVOT LOCK SHOE

A contractor from ORRVILLE OHIO says:
I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A AMERICAN WEATHER SEAL PIVOT LOCK SHOE THAT LOCK SHOE THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS. ITS BROKE IN THE TRACK AND I CANT GET IT OUT WITHOUT BREAKING IT.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2985.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think I've seen this shoe before, but there are a few different possibilities off the top of my head. In order to confirm exactly what you have, can you remove the shoe from the other side of the window and show me what it looks like by itself? This is assuming that second shoe isn't also broken in the track. Please also show us a picture of the balance spring this shoe attaches to. Thank you!

A contractor from ORRVILLE OHIO says:
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED PICTURES. IS THIS SOMETHING WE WOULD BE ABLE TO ORDER?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0631.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0630.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0629.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0628.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ahh, I recognize this now. Those little hooks on the side gave it away. This is a very old type of balance that is no longer made, but fortunately we have something I think can work. I believe that you'll be able to use our 15-191 pivot shoe and Series 160 coil spring as a substitute for this system, along with a 15-150S coil spring cover. You will also need the number printed on the old spring to determine the best Series 160 option.

Please note that both the Series 160 spring and 15-191 shoe are 1/2" thick. You should double check the thickness of your hardware just to be sure.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos and information. Let's have you start with taking a look at our 15-191 coil balance shoe. This measures 1-1/4" in width, 1/2" thick, and 1" in height. Carefully review your measurements to see if this will work. For your coil spring, it would also need to be replaced with our newer style, Series 160. There should be some sort of number or stamping directly on the spring. You will need that information when ordering your spring.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.