Acorn 55-069 Snap-in glazing

A quick learner from Nassau County, NY says:
I have one 3 foot strip at the top on my window that has shrunk and buckled from the heat of the sun. The other sides look fine. Can the 6 foot piece you sell be cut to size? Do I use a hacksaw or do I need a special cutting unit? Do I need to replace all 4 sides, or just the one that is loose? Also, do I need to apply any special adhesive to the edges to seal it?

Thanks,

Brian
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Brian. To cut the glazing bead to size, I would suggest using a heavy set of scissors or a hacksaw. I would also just replace the ones that are bad for now, you can reuse the old strips as long as they are undamagead. Finally, in regards to your last question, these are made to "snap" into the widow channel with no need for adhesive.
A home owner from Nassau County, NY says:
I received the snap-in glazing in a few days. I was intimidated by the large cylindrical container it came in. I was able to cut the glazing in minutes with a heavy duty scissor. And, as you said, it just snapped in! Onto the next project.

Thank you for answering all my questions.

Brian
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It was my pleasure, Brian. Thanks for the order and let me know if you ever need anything else. I'm always here to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.