Acorn Pivot Shoe

A quick learner from South Carolina says:
I was able to cut out a but if the track to better expose the pivot. Until I buy a snipper to cut away the rest of the track as shown in your video, I was able to better measure the depth more carefully and I now believe its depth is 12.5mm +/- .5mm, bringing its depth more in the range of 0.472" to 0.511". Since 17/32" is 0.53" we're talking a difference of at most 0.06" inch. Do you think it's safe to order your 15-015? What other options would I have anyway?
A quick learner from South Carolina says:

I am trying to get out my pivot shoe so I can take an accurate depth measurement and order replacements.

I was able to cut off the vinyl clad but as you can see there is metal behind that which also needs to be cut out so I can remove the pivot shoe . What do you recommend I use to cut out that small metal piece? What kind of tool do I need?

Also, once I install the new pivot shoe, what should I buy so I can have a professional cover over the cutout to make a neat installation? Is there a trim piece you sell, or if not, what exactly should I look to buy. If you can provide a link to something I should consider purchasing that would be great. Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180410_161158360.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks so much for posting! 

Based on your photos, it looks like you have our 15-015 pivot shoe. We have a 4" white U-shape vinyl stop, our 55-043 that is 1" wide by 13'16" deep that you might be able to use. You will probably need to drill a hole for a screw to hold it in place. Be very careful when doing this please. Ultimately, the decision is up to you on what you think the best option is.

Let me know what you think and get back to me if you have any questions at all. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.