Acorn Series 1200 door handle

A home owner from Turney Valley, Alberta, Canada says:
I have a sliding patio door with this stamped on the door: "acorn series 1200 cgsb 82-GP-2A"

The current handle does not even have the capacity to latch, never mind lock, and so, I would like to replace it with a door latch that actually latches and at least, secures the damn thing from the inside.

The slot cut into the metal on the interior and exterior front and back side of the door is 7 1/8 inches long by 13/16 inches wide. see photo 1 (outside) and photo 2 (inside). Photos 3 and 4 show this slot from the inside, up close. The metal of the frame is 1/16 inch thick.

Photo 5 shows that there are 2 rectangular holes cut out from the side of the door, both measuring 13/16 inches wide by 1 inch long.

The top edge of the first (upper) of these 2 holes is located 1 1/2 inches below the top edge of the 7 3/8 inch slot. The top edge of the lower hole is located 2 1/2 inches above the bottom edge of the 7 1/8 inch long slot.

The thickness of the door is 1 and 3/8 inches thick (outside to outside surface). Since the metal wall is 1/16 thick, the space inside would be 1 1/4 inches. When the door is closed there is a 3/8 inch gap between the edge of the frame and the doorjamb, (?where the latch would be screwed in).

I hope you can help me find a handle which will be able to secure this patio door by latching it from the inside, and if available, with a lock and key to further secure the door. Thanks in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180125_135041_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180125_135023.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180125_134926_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't tell what you have without seeing the old hardware. You say that this is an Acorn door, but the hole where the old handle installs looks like its made for something like our 82-002. Do you still have your old handle? If so, I'd like to see a picture of it. That would help us find what can work for your door.

A quick learner from Turner Valley, Alberta says:
here are the photos of the handle in place when I bought the house in January. The first are of the handles which attach to the remainder of the pieces;it plays no functional role in locking the door. I don't think that the hardware in place was functional, or, it is missing pieces to make it functional.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180510_154427.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180510_154452.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180510_154510.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180510_154536.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Yeah, that looks like an older version of our 82-002. For a version with a key lock, see our 82-002K. This has a key lock on the outside and a little locking lever on the inside. Let me know what you think!

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.